Sewing Machine Tutorial – Introduction to your sewing machine
Ann-Marie and Stella are pleased to announce that we can now offer One-to-One sewing machine tutorial sessions in the comfort of your own home.
Our 2 hr (min) tutorial session is ideal for those who may have received a new sewing machine as a gift and have not known what to do next. You may just want to gain confidence sewing straight lines or to know what your machine is capable of.
Our two hour Introduction to your Sewing Machine will cover:
- Threading up your machine and winding on a bobbin.
- Setting up your machine for the stitches you will use most frequently and why you might choose them.
- Learning a few basics about your machine and a few tips to keep sewing a straight line, pivoting around corners.
- After you have mastered straight lines, we will move on to a quick Notebook cover project so you can practise your new skills.
- You will also get to keep the pattern so you can make more as gifts for your friends and family.
(Includes 2 hours 1-1 tuition, fabric for practising, all materials for our notebook cover project)
Suitable for children age 11 years plus and adults.
If you have another project you would like to make then please get in touch. We have previously made simple skirts for teenagers and piped cushion covers. These projects take longer than the basic 2 hour time slot and are charged at £25 hr + Materials. Email us to discuss your requirements.
Betty Buttons offer one-to-one tuition for children in the comfort of your own home but this is not childcare. Please ensure that you do not leave the house for the full duration of the tutorial. We are CRB checked and have public liability insurance.